Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Kocostar Slice Mask Sheet - Cucumber



I got this along with the lemon and tomato slice mask sheets in the Fifty Shades of Sheet Masks set from Memebox. I randomly tried this the other evening, winding down after a productive day of working on the house.


The "mask" came with two sheets containing six "slices" of cucumber. The material was quite thin, almost reminding of blotting paper. Maybe not quite that thing -- I'll give them 2 sheets of blotting paper. This mask is far from being "juicy;" the slices held just about enough essence to adhere to the skin, but it wasn't soaking in the liquid, which is to be expected given how thin the material is. The slices did give off a nice cooling effect once applied to the skin, but I didn't find it to be especially moisturizing. Not to mention, there weren't enough slices to cover the entire surface of my face. Towards the end of my sheet masking session (20 minutes, per the instructions), a few of the slices started to fall off my face, showing the end of its lifespan.

This is a cute and novel idea, but I don't believe that it's the most effective mask to use, especially if you're looking for a moisturizing sheet mask. At $3 a pop, I think it should be better. If it was a full sheet mask, I'd buy it. But in it's current form, I will not be purchasing this product.

The product is available here at Memebox's site.

No comments:

Post a Comment